Acknowledgements and references
[Note that some of the links below have been around a while. Apologies for any linkrot.]
* First and foremost, Google
, who made a great map site, and had the chutzpah to make it driven by client-site code and hackable. This is the sort of thing that make the Internet fun.
* Matt at gnik.com for Gmaps Mapper
which helped with learning the XML format. There is also lots of other good general info at his Gmaps page
, including excellent documentation of the route encoding algorithm.
* Supersonic thank-you buttslaps to TinyURL
* This thread
is a good resource for calculating a new point given a start point, distance, and direction.
* Geocoding provided by Mikel Maron's worldKit geocoder
. Supersonic thank-you buttslaps.
* Bookmarks, Workout Log, Forum, and the authentication system built on the Symfony framework
helped with the modal effect on save on the main page.
* Calendar on the Workout Log thanks to the Fullcalendar
* Workout Log charts built using JQPlot